Saturday, January 8, 2011

Day 2 Loading

Welcome to the Doubting Thomasina blog.  A person is often called a Doubting Thomas if they refuse to believe something without direct, physical, personal evidence.  

I've heard so many stories about the HCG diet but can't forget the saying that if it sounds too good to be true it must not be true.  So even though I've known about the diet for over a year now I've refused up until now to entertain the thought of actually trying it.  

Well it's a new year and I don't want to go another year saying the diet doesn't work if I can't say I've actually tried it.  Last week I ordered homeopathic hcg drops.  I'm enough of a doubter that I'm not ready to inject myself with shots from some unknown foreign pharmacy.  Instead I decided to do the hcg drops.  I've read that some people says the hcg drops won't work because they don't really contain enough hcg to work.  But I'm going to give it a try anyway. (BTW, I'm too chicken to ask my doctor about this diet because I'm afraid she'll tell me it's dangerous.  I know it's stupid but I'd rather be blissfully ignorant of any dangers because I feel so desperate about getting the weight off.)

The reason my blog is starting out on Day 2 is that I couldn't decide on a blog name yesterday.  Lame excuse but I figure if I'm going to daily blog the hcg diet for 40 days I don't want a stupid name.

I went to the doctor's office two days ago for a checkup and for the first time in several years I actually kept my eyes open when the nurse weighed me.  Normally I either close my eyes or turn my head so I won't be confronted about how much weight I've gained.  I've always thought that I was good at guestimating my weight and that I knew within a couple pounds how much I weigh.  Well let me tell you I was off. Way off.  Where I thought I only needed to lose 30 pounds, I actually need to lose 45!  

So here are my stats for the the hcg diet:

Height: 5'5"
Weight: 189
Goal: 145

I tried loading up yesterday but found that it was harder than I thought to gorge myself.  I did however decide to try some Ezell's famous friend chicken. I've heard for years and years about their chicken and had read once that Oprah stopped at Ezell's to have some of their chicken when she was in Seattle.  So what better way to load up on fat than to eat some yummy fried chicken.  I only made it though 1 1/2 pieces though.  For dinner I had 3 pieces of pizza and a giant bowl of ice cream.  So all in all a successful loading day I think.  

I normally don't eat breakfast but this morning I told my husband I wanted hash brown and eggs.  I then had several helpings of home made gnocchi with butter and fried onions.  

I'm looking forward to starting the real "diet" part tomorrow and see if I'm hungry or not.  My one fear is that all this loading will have stretched out my stomach so that I'll be even more hungry than I am normally.  

No comments:

Post a Comment